In the spirit of complying with its obligations under the law and continuing to provide software programs, online applications, and data storage services, the Seneca Falls Central School District (SFCSD) has entered into contracts with certain third-party contractors. Pursuant to such agreements, third-party contractors may have access to student data and staff data as defined by law.
For each contract, the SFCSD enters into with a provider, and where the third party contractor receives student or staff personally identifiable data, the following information will be included:
Resources are available on this site that will assist in understanding your rights under NYS 2-d Law. An inventory of software that contains personally identifiable data (PII) and accompanying contracts is available below. If you have questions, concerns, or comments please contact the SFCSD Data Privacy Officer (DPO) at email@example.com or the Administrator of Business and Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SFCSD INVENTORY OF DISTRICT SOFTWARE CONTAINING PII
POLICY 8630 & 8635 - COMPUTER RESOURCES AND DATA MANAGEMENT / INFORMATION AND DATA PRIVACY SECURITY, BREACH AND NOTIFICATION:
Click Here to View the Policies
SOFTWARE APPROVAL PROCESS: Please complete the following request when considering new software/extensions.
WHAT IS EDUCATION LAW 2D?
FEDERAL LAWS THAT PROTECT STUDENTS: http://www.nysed.gov/data-privacy-security/federal-laws-protect-student-data
BILL OF RIGHTS FOR DATA PRIVACY & SECURITY:
Click here to review Bill of Rights
UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE DATA (PII) COMPLAINT FORM:
- the intent for which the student data or staff data will be used;
- a published agreement that the third party contractor will ensure that the subcontractors, persons, or entities that the third-party contractor will share the student or staff data with, if any, will abide by data protection and security requirements;
- the disposal of data that contains personally identifiable items;
- a process for parents, students, staff who wish to challenge the accuracy of the student data or staff data that is collected; and
- the location of data and where it will be stored.
District Policy Documents
- Policy 8630 & 8635 Data Management
- Student (Gr. 3-12) Use of Computerized Information Resources (Acceptable Use Policy)
- Student (Gr. K-2) Use of Computerized Information Resources (Acceptable Use Policy)
- SFCSD Parents Bill of Rights
- Staff Use of Computerized Information Resources (Acceptable Use Policy)
- Chromebook Policy
- Children's Internet Protection Act: Internet Content Filtering/Safety Policy
- Student Use of Personal Technology