*Parents--check for scholarships at your place of employment, unions, professional/club/membership affiliation, places of worship, Greek (Fraternity/Sorority)organizations.
Also, please refer to the following links for further scholarship details and opportunities!!
ATTENTION: Mynderse Class of 2022:
Complete the FAFSA. The earlier you apply, the more financial aid you may receive.
Some students may think they don’t qualify for need-based financial aid, but filling out this free resource could open the door for federal loans. https://fafsa.ed.gov/
NYS Excelsior Scholarship
The Excelsior Scholarship, in combination with other student financial aid programs, allows students to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free.
The Excelsior Scholarship application for the 2020-2021 academic year opens for new applicants in March 2020. Current Excelsior Scholarship recipients should not complete this application.
An applicant must:
- be a resident of NYS and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the term;
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
- have either graduated from high school in the United States, earned a high school equivalency diploma, or passed a federally approved "Ability to Benefit" test, as defined by the Commissioner of the State Education Department;
- have a combined federal adjusted gross income of $110,000 or less;
- be pursuing an undergraduate degree at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University;
- be enrolled in at least 12 credits per term and complete at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program;
- if attended college prior to the 2019-20 academic year, have earned at least 30 credits each year (successively), applicable toward his or her degree program prior to applying for an Excelsior Scholarship;
- be in a non-default status on a student loan made under any NYS or federal education loan program or on the repayment of any NYS award;
- be in compliance with the terms of the service condition(s) imposed by a NYS award that you have previously received; and
- execute a Contract agreeing to reside in NYS for the length of time the award was received, and, if employed during such time, be employed in NYS.
Scholarship Opportunities for the 2020-2021 Academic Year:
To access the currently available scholarships, please click the following link: