Skip To Main Content

Welcome to the Food Service Page


School Lunch Overview

The Seneca Falls Central School District Food Service Department provides nutritious, cost-effective meals to our students and staff each day. Our Child Nutrition (CN) Programs include the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and the School Breakfast Program (SBP). The guidelines and funding are provided through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Reviews of our Food Service programs are conducted by the CN Division of the New York State Education Department on a regular basis. Each meal is analyzed for its nutritional content and adherence to the appropriate USDA guideline.

Our Mission is to deliver the highest quality foods, meeting the nutritional needs of each student within a defined financial framework. Our services to the district include and is not limited to purchasing, staff training/supervision, budgeting, claim reporting, sanitation and HACCP implementation, Commodity food procurement, State and Local Reviews and inspections, and Wellness Program participation 

Seneca Falls Central School District Food Service Department is a self-sustaining business within the School District. What this means is that most expenses related to School Lunch are paid for with the revenue generated from the sale of meals, USDA reimbursement, and ala carte sales.

Typical expenses for the Food Service Department include Food Service salaries, benefits and insurance, food cost, and equipment purchases. Most purchases are done through a cooperative bid managed by BOCES. Some of the bid categories are groceries, paper and plastic, milk, ice cream, and small-wares.

A Note from Your Cafeteria,

The entire cafeteria staff would like to welcome all students and staff back to school. We also welcome any and all comments about how you feel we are doing. If you should have any questions please feel free to contact me.  Parents:  we encourage the use of check over cash when sending money into school. In the memo area please write down the student's name so we can ensure the money goes on the right account. You can also use our online payment system (My School Bucks).

All Free and Reduced applications from last year are no longer valid. It is recommended that a new application be submitted within the first thirty days of school. The whole application packet can be found, on the District website, under RESOURCES.  You can apply anytime during the school year if you feel that you may qualify to be considered based on income.

Breakfast ALL Schools $1.80

Lunch ALL Grades $2.60

The FULL Application and instructions can be found online on the Seneca Falls CSD Website under DEPARTMENTS / FOOD SERVICE or at any of the School Offices.



Stephanie Lyon-Lawrence
Food Service Director

Welcome to Food Service:

This note is to help you navigate your way through Food Service.

  • Breakfast for Full Pay students is $1.80 / Lunch is $2.60.
  • If you feel that, you may qualify for Reduced Meal prices please get your application ASAP. Your student will be charged Full Price for all meals until the application is entered and approved and you will be responsible for any charges.
  • We have an online payment system that can be utilized to put money on their Meal Account (or JUST look to see what your student is purchasing). Click here for My School Bucks. There is a charge to put money on the account, so I recommend that you set up an account and set up reminders to let you know when your student’s account is low.
  • To help us out, we are asking that money applied to a student’s account be in the form of a check or via My School Bucks. Cash money has a way of getting lost too easily. Checks should be made out to “SF Lunch Program” and have the student's name in the Memo Box.
  • If you DO NOT want your student to purchase “extras” with their meal account funds, please make sure that you fill out an Ala Carte letter letting us know. That way we can put a warning on their account. (Note, once the note makes it to school, it may take a few days to make it on the account. There may be a few purchases made before it is added to the account).  Click here for the Ala Carte letter.
  • We will allow your student to “borrow” funds for complete meals ONLY! Therefore, if they want a snack and there are no funds available or they owe charges, they will not get one.
  • If your student owes charges and brings in money for a snack, that money will go towards the negative balance and not to purchase a snack.
  • PLEASE make sure that we have an updated email address on file (if you have one). That way we can send out weekly/monthly reminders of balances to you. I have some parents that get upset when I send home a monthly charge slip that says their child owes me a lot of money. It is your responsibility to ensure that all meal accounts are in the positive fund balanceThis is where setting up a My School Bucks Account helps and it is FREE to look at a student’s balance.
  • We understand that there are days that you are allowing a child to eat breakfast when we are told they cannot. Just send in a note or call and let us know that.
  • Another issue we have: A student’s account says that they cannot use their meal funds to buy snacks, the student’s account balance is positive, and the child shows up with cash money. We think the money is for buying a snack but you wanted the money on the account. Please specify on the envelope if money is for the account or snacks that day.
  • We DO NOT encourage outside fast food to be brought in for your child. We have some children that will not understand why their parents cannot afford to do the same.
  • We do sell ala carte items – low-fat ice cream, reduced-fat chips, 100% fruit snacks, and reduced-fat cookies. All these items met the USDA criteria for healthy snacks.
  • If financial circumstances change during the year and feel that, you may qualify for Reduced Meal Prices, applications can be filled out ANYTIME during the year. Please, do not wait until your student owes a lot of money to fill one out. You are still responsible for all charge balances.

Click here for the plan that outlines the process on Meal Charge and Prohibition against Meal Shaming Regulation in the Seneca Falls CSD.




Family Size



Twice per Month

Every Two Weeks



 $ 23,606

 $ 1,968

 $ 984

 $ 908

 $ 454


 $ 31,894

 $ 2,658

 $ 1,329

 $ 1,227

 $ 614


 $ 40,182

 $ 3,349

 $ 1,675

 $ 1,546

 $ 773


 $ 48,470

 $ 4,040

 $ 2,020

 $ 1,865

 $ 933


 $ 56,758

 $ 4,730

 $ 2,365

 $ 2,183

 $ 1,092


 $ 65,046

 $ 5,421

 $ 2,711

 $ 2,502

 $ 1,251


 $ 73,334

 $ 6,112

 $ 3,056

 $ 2,821

 $ 1,411


 $ 81,622

 $ 6,802

 $ 3,401

 $ 3,140

 $ 1,570

*Each Add’l person add

 $ 8,288

 $ 691

 $ 346

 $ 319

 $ 160


Nondiscrimination Statement:  This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
      1400 Independence Avenue, SW
      Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.