Food Service

  • Welcome to the Food Service Page


     School Lunch Overview

     The Seneca Falls Central School District Food Service Department provides nutritious, cost effective meals to our students and staff each day. Our Child Nutrition (CN) Programs include the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and the School Breakfast Program (SBP). The guidelines and funding are provided through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Reviews of our Food Service programs are conducted by the CN Division of the New York State Education Department on a regular basis. Each meal is analyzed for its nutritional content and adherence to the appropriate USDA guideline.

     Seneca Falls Central School District Food Service Department is a self-sustaining business within the School District. What this means is that most expenses related to School Lunch are paid for with the revenue generated from the sale of meals, USDA reimbursement and ala carte sales.

     Typical expenses for the Food Service Department include: Food Service salaries, benefits and insurance, food cost and equipment purchases. Most purchases are done through cooperative bid managed by BOCES. Some of the bid categories are groceries, paper and plastic, milk, ice cream and small-wares.

     Families may fill out an application for Free and Reduced meals at any time. Income guidelines are established annually by the USDA; applications are included with the annual District mailing during the summer, prior to the start of the school year. Additional applications are available in School Offices and online on the District website.

     Any questions relating to the School Lunch program can be directed to Stephanie Lyon-Lawrence, Food Service Director, at (315)712-0514 or by email at

    Important Information:

    • If you ever need Nutritional or Ingredient information please contact Stephanie Lyon-Lawrence at the number or email below.

    • If your student was Free or Reduced last year you need to fill out a NEW Application for the 2017-2018 School year. Their "temporary" status will expire in thirty days from the start of school. You will be responsible for any charges that occur after this date.

    • If your student is paying a reduced price for their meals and they want to bring an entree from home we can supply the fruit, vegetable and milk for that discounted price.

    Contact people for each school (click on e-mail address):                                  

    Stephanie Lyon-Lawrence - Food Service Director

    Lou Shafer - Senior Food Service Worker (Mynderse and Middle school)
    315-568-5500 ext 1176

    LaTisha Knickerbocker - Senior Food Service Worker (Cady Stanton)
    315-568-5500 ext. 4126

    Stacie Myers - Senior Food Service Worker (Frank Knight )
    315-568-5500 ext 3142

    Nondiscrimination Statement:  This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly.

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
          Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
          1400 Independence Avenue, SW
          Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

    (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

    (3) Email:

     This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Related Files