Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica
The Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica (SHH) is an honor society for high school students enrolled in Spanish and is sponsored by the American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese (AATSP). The purpose of the society is to recognize high achievement of high school students in the Spanish language and to promote a continuing interest in Hispanic and Portuguese studies.
-from SHH website
The Quetzalcoátl Chapter was established by the LOTE Department and will induct new members this fall.Requirements for membership:
- I am enrolled in Spanish IV, and have completed previous Spanish courses.
- I have a minimum 90% unweighted cumulative average of all Spanish courses taken from 8th grade to the present. **
- I have a minimum 85% unweighted cumulative average of all high school courses. **
- I have a behavioral record free from suspension, instances of academic dishonesty, and/or a pattern of inappropriate behavior.
**If you don't meet all requirements, you may still be considered for membership.
Once accepted to the Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica, students must...
1. Participate in meetings and activities of the honor society,
2. Attend induction ceremony for new members of the honor society,
3. Maintain a behavioral record free from detentions, suspensions, or academic dishonesty,
4. Complete through Spanish IV.
Other pertinent information:
- Current officers will be required to speak at the induction ceremony, to welcome new members.
- A mandatory practice will be held during 10th period the day of the induction ceremony (the ceremony will be held later that night).
- All members are encouraged to participate in fundraising activities to help cover expenses for the induction ceremony, membership certificate, and honor cords to be worn at graduation.
- All members will also be automatic officer of the Foreign Language Club, and therefore will be responsible for organizing activities open to all students at the Middle School and Mynderse Academy!
LA CEREMONIA DE LA INICIACIÓN
We will be inducting this Fall! Listen for information on how to apply from Señora McKeveny.
Capítulo Quetzalcoátl 2016-2017Rachael Burdick - la presidentaStephen Travis - el vicepresidenteKatelyn Watkins - la secretariaMarion (Buddy) Paige - el tesoreroLauren TylerNicole FerraraBrittany BakerMaria GallinaLauren AcetoCatrina PetersonAlexandra PetermanHayley CaseJordan MarrSamuel MicioJacob JonesCapítulo Quetzalcoátl 2015-2016Hannah Miller - la presidentaMichael Garafalo - el vicepresidenteCatherine Porter - la secretariaSophia Foster - la tesoreraCatherine ShumwayMadison HilimireAshleigh JohnsonHaley LangGillian LambSamantha ImpastatoLauren MajorTyler FoulkrodCameron MacDonaldRachael BurdickLanghston Smith
Los primeros miembros de la Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica: Capítulo Quetzalcoátl 2014-2015:
¡Felicidades a todas!
Millersville University Spanish Camp
A week-long summer program for high school students.
Concordia Language Villages
Summer immersion program in Minnesota.
Costa Rica Spanish Institute
Summer camp program for high school students in Costa Rica!
Columbia University Barcelona Experience
Summer study abroad for high school students in Barcelona, Spain!